How to Order
Please note that by placing an order you agree to the Terms & Conditions > set forth on this site.
PLACING YOUR ORDER
The best way to place an order is to use the Contact Us > page to send an email, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible (usually within a few hours). When ordering, please specify:
- what cakes and pastries you would like;
- what event you would like them for – it helps us to think about the design;
- the quantities required;
- the flavours required - you can choose from our those on our product pages or ask for a bespoke flavour;
- what decorations you would like;
- if you are ordering cupcakes, what cake cases you would like;
- how you would like your order packed (see Packaging >);
- when you want to collect your order;
- when you want it to be delivered;
- the delivery address;
- your preferred form of payment.
You may call or send an SMS on 07950 970 990 to notify us about your email. I do prefer to discuss everything by email to avoid any possible misunderstandings.
We will discuss your order with you in detail, especially the required flavours and decorations. Normally our discussions will continue until you feel we understand exactly what you want. After your order is accepted you will receive an email confirmation.
We accept payment via PayPal, by bank deposit into our bank account, by cheque (please allow 4-5 days for the cheque to clear), or by cash in person. You can pay by PayPal, even if you do not have a PayPal account: you securely provide your credit card details to PayPal, so we never know them. This method is very useful as we receive money straight away and can start working on your order immediately.
- Smaller orders must be paid in full immediately after acceptance of your order and before we start work, to be in time for collection or delivery.
- The minimum order is 12 regular cupcakes per flavour, 24 mini cupcakes per flavour, 1 cake.
- There is a deposit of 50% payable for orders of more than 24 cupcakes or 2 cakes in order to secure the date. The remainder of the balance must be paid half way between the date of acceptance of your order and the date of delivery or collection, or two weeks before the date of delivery or collection, whichever is sooner. The exact date of the payment will be agreed before your order is accepted.
- The deposit of 50% for a larger order is non-refundable. If you cancel the order before the date of the balance payment you will be refunded any money paid apart from the initial 50% deposit. If the order is cancelled after the balance payment date, no money will be refunded.
- Smaller orders, which are paid immediately upon acceptance, are non-refundable if cancelled.
- In the unlikely event of something happening beyond our control (which I cannot even imagine – an earthquake, the Thames flooding London, our kitchen being struck by lightning, and so on) which results in non-delivery or non-completion of your order, you will be refunded the full amount of money paid for your order and delivery. Alternatively, your order can be rescheduled for a later date.
- Other than as required by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or resulting loss, damage or expense of any kind and we will have no liability to you other than to refund to you the amount you paid for the said products or to replace the goods ordered.